Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Best ICC umpire Dar reaches home amid warm welcome



LAHORE: Pakistan’s national hero in cricket umpiring reached homeland after receiving International Cricket Council (ICC) trophy as the best umpire for third consecutive year, SAMAA reported Wednesday.
People in large number received the national hero at Allama Iqbal Airport amidst showers of flower petals, as he arrived here from Sri Lanka.
Talking to media, Dar said the award was a result of prayers of the nation, demanding central contract for umpires as well like players.
“Umpiring is never easy amongst technology paraphernalia,” Aleem Dar stressed vowing however, he will continue to perform well in future as well.
It is unfortunate of Pakistani that no international team is coming to Pakistan, the best ICC umpire said underscoring the need to give more heed to domestic cricket.
Earlier dedicating to Pakistan his David Shepherd Trophy after he was named as the ICC Umpire for the year 2011 for the third time, Aleem said that Pakistan has won the honor, saying, “It is a great honor for me to get the award for my country and I shall try to maintain my performance to win more awards for my country. I try to carry out my job with utmost honesty and it is the only secret behind the success.”
It should be mentioned here that he served as umpire in 67 tests, 146 one-dayers and 18 Twenty20 matches